Bay Area Traffic
New Golden Gate Bridge toll system causes payment problems
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some problems are being reported with the new all-electronic toll collection system on the Golden Gate Bridge.
Since toll takers were removed back in March, drivers have to pay with FasTrak or they will get a bill in the mail.
But so many people were mailing in payments that workers couldn't keep up.
Hundreds of drivers were charged late fees for payments that were never processed.
Drivers had the option to pay by phone but, the wait times have been long and the related website has crashed a number of times.
The Metropolitan Transportation Commission says more people have been hired to deal with the demand.
golden gate bridge, metropolitan transportation commission, fastrak, traffic, bay area traffic
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- Man arrested after standoff in San Francisco
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Consumer Reports tests gray hair touch up products
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos