Bay Area Traffic
New Golden Gate Bridge toll system causes payment problems
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some problems are being reported with the new all-electronic toll collection system on the Golden Gate Bridge.
Since toll takers were removed back in March, drivers have to pay with FasTrak or they will get a bill in the mail.
But so many people were mailing in payments that workers couldn't keep up.
Hundreds of drivers were charged late fees for payments that were never processed.
Drivers had the option to pay by phone but, the wait times have been long and the related website has crashed a number of times.
The Metropolitan Transportation Commission says more people have been hired to deal with the demand.
golden gate bridge, metropolitan transportation commission, fastrak, traffic, bay area traffic
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...