Bay Area Traffic
New Golden Gate Bridge toll system causes payment problems
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some problems are being reported with the new all-electronic toll collection system on the Golden Gate Bridge.
Since toll takers were removed back in March, drivers have to pay with FasTrak or they will get a bill in the mail.
But so many people were mailing in payments that workers couldn't keep up.
Hundreds of drivers were charged late fees for payments that were never processed.
Drivers had the option to pay by phone but, the wait times have been long and the related website has crashed a number of times.
The Metropolitan Transportation Commission says more people have been hired to deal with the demand.
golden gate bridge, metropolitan transportation commission, fastrak, traffic, bay area traffic
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004 34 min ago
- Deep freeze grips most of United States 32 min ago
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders 19 min ago
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- SJ seeks crowdfunding support for gun buyback
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands 52 min ago
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday 15 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
32 min ago