Bay Area Traffic
Bay Bridge toll plaza gettting palm trees from Sacramento
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Crews are preparing to give the new eastern span of the Bay Bridge a new look. The project to install dozens of palm trees near the touchdown, west of the toll plaza begins today.
Some of the trees will be coming from Sacramento.
They cost about $1,500 each but the cost is even higher to remove each of them and bring them to the bridge.
bay bridge, sacramento, traffic, bay area traffic
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday