Bay Area Traffic
Graffiti covers Glen Park BART station
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Graffiti taggers vandalized several BART stations during the strike. The hardest hit BART station was Glen Park in San Francisco.
Graffiti greeted riders at the Glen Park BART station, from one end of the platform to the other, from the stairs, to the marble benches, to the elevator, the walls, even the tracks.
"Disgusting, it really is," BART rider Nancy Whipple said.
BART'S police chief says his officers and non-union staff were patrolling BART property during the strike, but this is one of nine incidents on both sides of the bay..
"Some people have cut holes in the fence, some people climbed over the fence," Chief Kenton Rainey said. "We do have cameras throughout the system we will be reviewing the cameras for any leads or evidence."
ABC7 News learned about the vandalism at the Glen Park station from ABC7 News viewer Austin Scott, who tweeted pictures of the graffiti Tuesday morning.
Scott wasn't the only one snapping photos of the scrawls and scribbles that marred what regular riders say is a normally clean station. Mike O'Sullivan says not only is it disgusting, but bad art.
"It's really poor workmanship, very bad quality," O'Sullivan said.
Two graffiti vandals were caught in Richmond on BART property. Now the search is on for suspects in San Francisco.
vandalism, crime, BART, bay area traffic, carolyn tyler
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
55 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos