Bay Area Traffic
Woman fatally struck by truck on EB I-80 Friday
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman struck by a truck on eastbound Interstate Highway 80 in San Francisco early Friday morning has died, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The woman was struck at about 5:30 a.m. on the highway near Seventh Street, according to the CHP.
She was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where she succumbed to her injuries later this morning, CHP Officer James Evans said.
The incident caused the closure of eastbound lanes of Highway 80 for about an hour, CHP officials said.
I-280, I-80, crash, pedestrian struck, bay area traffic
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos