Bay Area Traffic
Woman fatally struck by truck on EB I-80 Friday
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman struck by a truck on eastbound Interstate Highway 80 in San Francisco early Friday morning has died, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The woman was struck at about 5:30 a.m. on the highway near Seventh Street, according to the CHP.
She was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where she succumbed to her injuries later this morning, CHP Officer James Evans said.
The incident caused the closure of eastbound lanes of Highway 80 for about an hour, CHP officials said.
I-280, I-80, crash, pedestrian struck, bay area traffic
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 1 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
1 min ago