Bay Area Traffic
Woman fatally struck by truck on EB I-80 Friday
SAN FRANCISCO -- A woman struck by a truck on eastbound Interstate Highway 80 in San Francisco early Friday morning has died, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The woman was struck at about 5:30 a.m. on the highway near Seventh Street, according to the CHP.
She was taken to San Francisco General Hospital, where she succumbed to her injuries later this morning, CHP Officer James Evans said.
The incident caused the closure of eastbound lanes of Highway 80 for about an hour, CHP officials said.
I-280, I-80, crash, pedestrian struck, bay area traffic
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body