Bay Area Traffic
Bay Bridge lanes re-opened after multi-vehicle crash
OAKLAND, Calif. -- An injury crash blocked multiple lanes on the lower deck of the Bay Bridge for about 40 minutes this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported at about 9:20 a.m. and involved four cars in the eastbound lanes of the bridge near Treasure Island, CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
At least one person suffered minor injuries in the crash, which initially blocked the four left eastbound lanes, Bartlett said.
Two of the lanes opened by about 9:50 a.m. and the roadway fully reopened about 10 minutes later, according to the CHP.
I-80, crash, bay bridge, bay area traffic
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 18 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 15 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Little progress made in search for missing...
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos