Bay Area Traffic
Bay Bridge lanes re-opened after multi-vehicle crash
OAKLAND, Calif. -- An injury crash blocked multiple lanes on the lower deck of the Bay Bridge for about 40 minutes this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported at about 9:20 a.m. and involved four cars in the eastbound lanes of the bridge near Treasure Island, CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
At least one person suffered minor injuries in the crash, which initially blocked the four left eastbound lanes, Bartlett said.
Two of the lanes opened by about 9:50 a.m. and the roadway fully reopened about 10 minutes later, according to the CHP.
I-80, crash, bay bridge, bay area traffic
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday