Bay Area Traffic
Bay Bridge lanes re-opened after multi-vehicle crash
OAKLAND, Calif. -- An injury crash blocked multiple lanes on the lower deck of the Bay Bridge for about 40 minutes this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The crash was reported at about 9:20 a.m. and involved four cars in the eastbound lanes of the bridge near Treasure Island, CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
At least one person suffered minor injuries in the crash, which initially blocked the four left eastbound lanes, Bartlett said.
Two of the lanes opened by about 9:50 a.m. and the roadway fully reopened about 10 minutes later, according to the CHP.
I-80, crash, bay bridge, bay area traffic
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 28 min ago
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday