Bay Area Traffic
Black ice on I-280 near crash in San Mateo County
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. -- Black ice was reported on a portion of Interstate Highway 280 near the scene of a crash in Hillsborough this morning, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
Two vehicles were involved in the crash on northbound Highway 280 just south of Black Mountain Drive at about 5:40 a.m., CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
Minor injuries were reported and three right lanes were blocked for nearly an hour, he said.
Black ice has been reported on Highway 280 on the Doran Bridge, which spans Crystal Springs Road near the Crystal Springs Reservoir, Bartlett said.
It had not been determined if ice was a factor in the crash, he said, and Caltrans was responding to abate the problem.
A National Weather Service freeze warning remains in effect for much of the Bay Area outside of San Francisco, which includes a warning to motorists that patchy ice could be encountered on regional roadways.
The warning remains in effect until 9 a.m.
I-280, hillsborough, san mateo county, bay area traffic
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy 34 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 12 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 57 min ago
- Good Samaritan helps save lives in North Bay fire
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body 23 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos