Bay Area Traffic
Black ice on I-280 near crash in San Mateo County
SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. -- Black ice was reported on a portion of Interstate Highway 280 near the scene of a crash in Hillsborough this morning, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
Two vehicles were involved in the crash on northbound Highway 280 just south of Black Mountain Drive at about 5:40 a.m., CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said.
Minor injuries were reported and three right lanes were blocked for nearly an hour, he said.
Black ice has been reported on Highway 280 on the Doran Bridge, which spans Crystal Springs Road near the Crystal Springs Reservoir, Bartlett said.
It had not been determined if ice was a factor in the crash, he said, and Caltrans was responding to abate the problem.
A National Weather Service freeze warning remains in effect for much of the Bay Area outside of San Francisco, which includes a warning to motorists that patchy ice could be encountered on regional roadways.
The warning remains in effect until 9 a.m.
I-280, hillsborough, san mateo county, bay area traffic
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord 34 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire 13 min ago
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos