Bay Area Traffic
Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash
CUPERTINO, Calif. (KGO) -- A fatal crash in Cupertino temporarily shut down NB I-280 at the Hwy 85 interchange overnight.
The driver of a red Mazda lost control went off the highway and struck a tree shortly before midnight. The driver has been identified as a 26-year-old man from Daly City.
The CHP is trying to determine exactly what happened and are looking for any witnesses to come forward. The freeway reopened around 2:30 a.m.
cupertino, highway 85, I-280, bay area traffic
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 39 min ago
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
37 min ago