Bay Area Traffic
AC Transit adding 15,000 hours of service system-wide
AC Transit riders are seeing some major changes Sunday.
The agency is adding more than 15,000 hours of bus service system-wide. The changes will affect more than 50 bus lines from Richmond to Fremont.
The tweaks include increasing hours on some lines, adding new lines and eliminating others like shopper shuttles that have low ridership.
These alterations come as contract talks are scheduled to continue Monday between AC Transit and the union representing bus drivers and mechanics.
A cooling off period ordered by Governor Jerry Brown will expire one week from Sunday.
fremont, jerry brown, richmond, ac transit, unions, bay area traffic
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 33 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 48 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game 35 min ago
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified 44 min ago
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members 16 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 50 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued 55 min ago