Bay Area Traffic
BART service resumes after person on tracks
OAKLAND, Calif. -- BART trains were temporarily stopped in Oakland this morning because of an unauthorized person on the tracks between the 12th Street Oakland City Center and West Oakland stations, a BART dispatcher said.
The person was reported on the tracks at about 11:10 a.m. between the two stations and has prompted trains to stop in both the San Francisco and East Bay directions, the dispatcher said.
The person was removed from the tracks at about 12:15 p.m.
BART, bay area traffic
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest 25 min ago
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum 19 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in... 4 min ago
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area home prices steadily rising
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos