Bay Area Traffic
BART service resumes after person on tracks
OAKLAND, Calif. -- BART trains were temporarily stopped in Oakland this morning because of an unauthorized person on the tracks between the 12th Street Oakland City Center and West Oakland stations, a BART dispatcher said.
The person was reported on the tracks at about 11:10 a.m. between the two stations and has prompted trains to stop in both the San Francisco and East Bay directions, the dispatcher said.
The person was removed from the tracks at about 12:15 p.m.
BART, bay area traffic
- Campbell police seek witnesses in fatal stabbing
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning
- Putin declares Crimea 'sovereign and independent'
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- GitHub employee quits; Alleges sexism in workplace 11 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos