Bay Area Traffic
Price to park at many BART stations rising in January
The cost to park at several BART stations throughout the system is going up in January.
On Jan. 13, parking fees at the Fremont, Union City, San Leandro, Fruitvale, Lake Merritt, Pittsburg/Bay Point, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek, Lafayette, Orinda, and Rockridge stations will bump up to $2 per day from $1.50.
The fee will increase to $3 at the Daly City station, up from $2.50.
Prices will also go up at the Dublin/Pleasanton, West Dublin, Castro Valley, El Cerrito Del Norte, El Cerrito Plaza, North Berkeley, Ashby and MacArthur station on Jan 27.
The fee at those stations will increase from $1.50 to $2.
The West Oakland station fee will reach $6, a 50-cent increase.
There will be no price changes at the Glen Park, Richmond, South Hayward, Bay Fair, Colma, South San Francisco, San Bruno and Millbrae station parking lots.
BART officials said their policy caps the parking fee at $3 except at the West Oakland station. Usage is evaluated every six months and determines if fees should increase or be dropped.
Revenue from the parking fees goes to an account used to improve station access, such as shuttle programs, and station improvements, according to BART officials.
BART, traffic, transportation, bay area traffic
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 19 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 16 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos