Bay Area Traffic
BART recovers from delays after tree fell onto tracks
BART train service through Contra Costa County was delayed Friday night after a tree fell onto the tracks.
It happened between Concord and Pleasant Hill BART stations at about 5 p.m.
A train did hit the tree. But damage to the train was minimal and the agency says no one onboard was hurt.
For a while, BART was single-tracking trains around the affected area while they worked on clearing the track way.
All tracks are now open.
BART, transportation, bay area traffic
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 41 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
41 min ago