Bay Area Traffic
Company receives nearly $49M bonus for Bay Bridge project
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The lead construction company on new eastern span of the Bay Bridge received nearly $49 million in bonuses for the project.
Caltrans paid those bonuses even though there were plenty of questions about the quality of the materials used after 32 steel bolts snapped last year.
Part of the bonus included $20 million for finishing the job on time.
bay bridge, caltrans, rain, water, storm, bay area traffic
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 51 min ago
- Pleasanton students targeted on Instagram 50 min ago
- Sonoma Co. supervisor takes stand in peeping trial
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Group still fighting to save Ice Center in San Mateo
- Clippers beat Warriors 98-96 for 2-1 series lead
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland
- 11 kids, driver hurt in SoCal school bus crash
- Paul McCartney will play final show at Candlestick
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game
- Company seeks professional bruncher in SF
- 7OYS investigates Discount Gold Brokers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
51 min ago