Rainstorm hits North Bay hard
SAN ANSELMO, CA (KGO) -- The North Bay was one of the areas hit hardest by rain Tuesday morning and had its share of flooding.
Rain fell to some degree over the area all morning. The water piled up at the Sir Francis Drake Boulevard Exit off Highway 101 stalled out some cars, while others just rolled on by.
One of the hardest-hit areas in Marin County was San Anselmo, a city is known for its flooding. Residents saw only localized flooding on Tuesday, but Vanessa Cardenas is still glad she moved from the San Anselmo flood zone.
"I used to live down in the area that flooded last year, or a couple years ago, and I'm really glad now that we don't live there anymore because I don't have to worry about driving out of my driveway into a street that's been closed off," she said.
Pam Nath took the time to reflect during her morning drive from Nicasio to San Anselmo, about a 15-mile drive.
"Coming from home at this point in time, yeah, people they were pretty rough& They're driving crazy," she said.
Over at the creek that flows and sometimes overflows in downtown San Anselmo, Vanessa Powell decided to conduct a test.
"I'm testing out my new rain gear. I thought what better day than today for that," she said, excited that it was working well. "I'm perfectly dry and I love it."
In addition to the rain, wind has been a big problem in Marin County as well, gusting mightily enough to knock down trees and power lines in San Anselmo, Mill Valley and Kentfield.
There was at least seven hours of steady downpour Tuesday morning and another burst of strong rain is possible in the afternoon.
FULL STORM COVERAGE:
- PHOTOS: Storm pictures sent in by viewers
- Power outage causes San Lorenzo Valley school closures
- PG&E outage map
- Residents rush to get sand bags
- Bay Area braces for season's first big storm
- High wind warning
- Weather forecast
- Mike Nicco's Weather Blog
- Sign-up for weather newsletter
- AccuWeather Now live stream
- Live Doppler 7 HD
- Doppler 7 maps
- ABC7 web cams
- Street-level interactive map
accuweather, terry mcsweeney
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Konig wins 7th stage, van Garderen retains lead
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday