Shelter in place lifted for Orinda residents
ORINDA, CA -- An alert issued tonight along Valley View Road and Valley View Lane in Orinda due to downed power lines has been lifted.
Police and fire officials responded to the area just after 7 p.m. and cautioned residents to stay inside their homes and to avoid contact with the high-voltage lines.
PG&E spokesman Joe Molica said a tree took down multiple spans of wire and utility crews responded to make repairs. Crews de-energized the lines shortly after 8 p.m. but remain in the area making repairs. Twenty-four customers were without power at 10 p.m. due to the weather-related incident, Molica said.
A Contra Costa Fire Protection District dispatcher said fire crews left the area at about 8:45 p.m.
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- Man arrested after standoff in San Francisco
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Consumer Reports tests gray hair touch up products
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos