Shelter in place lifted for Orinda residents
ORINDA, CA -- An alert issued tonight along Valley View Road and Valley View Lane in Orinda due to downed power lines has been lifted.
Police and fire officials responded to the area just after 7 p.m. and cautioned residents to stay inside their homes and to avoid contact with the high-voltage lines.
PG&E spokesman Joe Molica said a tree took down multiple spans of wire and utility crews responded to make repairs. Crews de-energized the lines shortly after 8 p.m. but remain in the area making repairs. Twenty-four customers were without power at 10 p.m. due to the weather-related incident, Molica said.
A Contra Costa Fire Protection District dispatcher said fire crews left the area at about 8:45 p.m.
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos