San Francisco Zoo closed for 2nd day due to storms
SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco Zoo is closed Wednesday for the second day in a row due to the storms that have drenched the Bay Area this week, a zoo spokeswoman said.
The zoo has not experienced any serious damage related to the storm, but there has been flooding and tree limbs have cracked and fallen, spokeswoman Gwendolyn Tornatore said.
It has not yet been decided whether the zoo will be open Thursday, Tornatore said.
storm, wind, rain, san francisco zoo, accuweather
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- BART police chief bringing auditor to assess reforms 2 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease 4 min ago
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Miami Heat force Game 7 in NBA Finals
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday