San Francisco Zoo closed for 2nd day due to storms
SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco Zoo is closed Wednesday for the second day in a row due to the storms that have drenched the Bay Area this week, a zoo spokeswoman said.
The zoo has not experienced any serious damage related to the storm, but there has been flooding and tree limbs have cracked and fallen, spokeswoman Gwendolyn Tornatore said.
It has not yet been decided whether the zoo will be open Thursday, Tornatore said.
storm, wind, rain, san francisco zoo, accuweather
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos