San Francisco Zoo closed for 2nd day due to storms
SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco Zoo is closed Wednesday for the second day in a row due to the storms that have drenched the Bay Area this week, a zoo spokeswoman said.
The zoo has not experienced any serious damage related to the storm, but there has been flooding and tree limbs have cracked and fallen, spokeswoman Gwendolyn Tornatore said.
It has not yet been decided whether the zoo will be open Thursday, Tornatore said.
storm, wind, rain, san francisco zoo, accuweather
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning 19 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen... 22 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos