Concern over falling trees in Oakland Hills
OAKLAND HILLS, CA (KGO) -- In the East Bay, nervous homeowners are concerned that trees may fall on their homes in the Oakland Hills because the ground is so saturated. It's so bad, there's a waiting list for some people to have their trees removed.
The root of the problem in the Oakland Hills Wednesday morning was obvious; big trees coming down in the direction of homes.
"I was very surprised, shocked. What more can I say, it's always been there a long time," said Oakland resident Matt Gochman.
So Matt went next door to the folks on whose property the tree has been all those years to talk about removal. Matt received advice to stay out of his house from Oakland city officials.
There are so many trees down in the Oakland Hills that tree removal services are forced to prioritize their work. One tree got priority because it was blocking the intersection at Skyline and Snake. The weather caused ferries not to leave from the terminal at Jack London Square.
Not far away, umbrellas were everywhere, but sometimes, were just not up to the task of rain protection and dealing with the howling winds.
rain, storm, water, accuweather, terry mcsweeney
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos