CHP issues high wind advisory for Bay Bridge
The California Highway Patrol has issued a wind advisory for the Bay Bridge Sunday afternoon.
The travel advisory was issued at about 1:45 p.m. as sustained winds of 25 mph and gusts of up to 35 mph were expected continue, according to the CHP.
High profile vehicles, such as trucks and vans, are most affected by the wind.
The CHP is urging all motorists to reduce speeds and leave plenty of space between vehicles when driving on the bridge Sunday afternoon.
bay bridge, wind, accuweather
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 18 min ago
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos