High winds blow through Bay Area
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Strong winds of up to 35 miles per hour have been rattling street signs all over the Bay Area Tuesday.
A high wind advisory remains in effect on most Bay Area bridges. Gusts have been clocked at 55 miles per hour.
The wind's also been kicking up sand along San Francisco's Great Highway. A portion of the coastal road was closed Tuesday morning because of the blowing wind.
- Stolen European passports on missing plane
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Rally held in SF to mark anniversary of Japan quake 7 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse 30 min ago
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco 32 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 44 min ago
- One dead after house fire in Oakland
- California criminal behind 3-strikes law arrested 23 min ago
- MasterCard, Visa plan group focused on security 12 min ago
- Man arrested for DUI after injury crash in Russian Hill
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case