Weather causing delayed arrivals at SFO
SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT -- Inclement weather and windy conditions across the Bay Area have resulted in significant flight delays at one local airport.
At San Francisco International Airport, a weather-related ground delay program took effect at 7:45 a.m., duty manager Linda Perry said.
The delay program, which is affecting all arriving flights, was initially supposed to be lifted at noon but has been extended to 11 p.m. Perry said that by the end of the day, arriving flights could be delayed an average of two hours.
Departing flights are also affected, but the length of those delays vary. Travelers are advised to check with their airlines before heading to the airport today.
Flights at Oakland International Airport and Mineta San Jose International Airport are generally on time this morning, officials at those airports said.
san francisco international airport, rain, storm, wind, accuweather
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos