Storm knocks out power to thousands of PG&E customers
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- Stormy weather in the Bay Area knocked out power to thousands of PG&E customers around the region on Thursday night and this morning, a utility spokeswoman said.
About 4,500 customers were without power in Concord because of an outage that was reported at 10:09 p.m. Thursday, a little over an hour after 1,700 other customers had lost power in the area, PG&E spokeswoman Jana Morris said.
Power had been restored to all but 720 customers as of 8 a.m. and full restoration is expected by 10:30 a.m., Morris said.
About 2,000 customers also lost power in San Francisco's Bayview District in an outage reported at 8:39 p.m. Thursday.
Those customers all had their power restored by about 3:45 a.m., Morris said.
The outages in Concord and San Francisco were both caused by wires knocked down in the storm that blew through the Bay Area on Thursday night, she said.
There is also a power outage in the Oakland hills, which was reported at 6:58 a.m. today and was affecting 488 customers as of 8 a.m., according to Morris.
Crews are on site but have not yet identified a cause of the outage or an estimated time of restoration, she said.
There are also several other small outages around the Bay Area this morning, Morris said.
"We do anticipate having most of those customers restored later this morning as well," she said.
storm, rain, PG&E, power outage, accuweather
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 58 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones 41 min ago
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- Actor Brad Pitt says he suffers from prosopagnosia
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos