Storm knocks out power to thousands of PG&E customers
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- Stormy weather in the Bay Area knocked out power to thousands of PG&E customers around the region on Thursday night and this morning, a utility spokeswoman said.
About 4,500 customers were without power in Concord because of an outage that was reported at 10:09 p.m. Thursday, a little over an hour after 1,700 other customers had lost power in the area, PG&E spokeswoman Jana Morris said.
Power had been restored to all but 720 customers as of 8 a.m. and full restoration is expected by 10:30 a.m., Morris said.
About 2,000 customers also lost power in San Francisco's Bayview District in an outage reported at 8:39 p.m. Thursday.
Those customers all had their power restored by about 3:45 a.m., Morris said.
The outages in Concord and San Francisco were both caused by wires knocked down in the storm that blew through the Bay Area on Thursday night, she said.
There is also a power outage in the Oakland hills, which was reported at 6:58 a.m. today and was affecting 488 customers as of 8 a.m., according to Morris.
Crews are on site but have not yet identified a cause of the outage or an estimated time of restoration, she said.
There are also several other small outages around the Bay Area this morning, Morris said.
"We do anticipate having most of those customers restored later this morning as well," she said.
storm, rain, PG&E, power outage, accuweather
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday