Storm knocks out power to thousands of PG&E customers
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- Stormy weather in the Bay Area knocked out power to thousands of PG&E customers around the region on Thursday night and this morning, a utility spokeswoman said.
About 4,500 customers were without power in Concord because of an outage that was reported at 10:09 p.m. Thursday, a little over an hour after 1,700 other customers had lost power in the area, PG&E spokeswoman Jana Morris said.
Power had been restored to all but 720 customers as of 8 a.m. and full restoration is expected by 10:30 a.m., Morris said.
About 2,000 customers also lost power in San Francisco's Bayview District in an outage reported at 8:39 p.m. Thursday.
Those customers all had their power restored by about 3:45 a.m., Morris said.
The outages in Concord and San Francisco were both caused by wires knocked down in the storm that blew through the Bay Area on Thursday night, she said.
There is also a power outage in the Oakland hills, which was reported at 6:58 a.m. today and was affecting 488 customers as of 8 a.m., according to Morris.
Crews are on site but have not yet identified a cause of the outage or an estimated time of restoration, she said.
There are also several other small outages around the Bay Area this morning, Morris said.
"We do anticipate having most of those customers restored later this morning as well," she said.
storm, rain, PG&E, power outage, accuweather
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday