Storm knocks out power to thousands of PG&E customers
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- Stormy weather in the Bay Area knocked out power to thousands of PG&E customers around the region on Thursday night and this morning, a utility spokeswoman said.
About 4,500 customers were without power in Concord because of an outage that was reported at 10:09 p.m. Thursday, a little over an hour after 1,700 other customers had lost power in the area, PG&E spokeswoman Jana Morris said.
Power had been restored to all but 720 customers as of 8 a.m. and full restoration is expected by 10:30 a.m., Morris said.
About 2,000 customers also lost power in San Francisco's Bayview District in an outage reported at 8:39 p.m. Thursday.
Those customers all had their power restored by about 3:45 a.m., Morris said.
The outages in Concord and San Francisco were both caused by wires knocked down in the storm that blew through the Bay Area on Thursday night, she said.
There is also a power outage in the Oakland hills, which was reported at 6:58 a.m. today and was affecting 488 customers as of 8 a.m., according to Morris.
Crews are on site but have not yet identified a cause of the outage or an estimated time of restoration, she said.
There are also several other small outages around the Bay Area this morning, Morris said.
"We do anticipate having most of those customers restored later this morning as well," she said.
storm, rain, PG&E, power outage, accuweather
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 11 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 10 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos