Warmer weather helps open blocked Piedmont road
PIEDMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- The warmer weather in the Bay Area Saturday helped open up a blocked road in Piedmont.
Work crews scooped out the remaining muck from Friday's morning's mudslide.
Moraga Avenue was opened at 6 p.m. after being closed for more than 36 hours.
The house at the top of the hill where the mudslide occurred was declared safe for now.
Concrete barriers and a drain were put in place as preventive measures.
moraga, piedmont, rain, storm, accuweather
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas 36 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View 20 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday