North Bay catches front end of storm
SANTA ROSA, Calif. (KGO) -- The North Bay is getting hit by the latest storm to hit the Bay Area.
People in Santa Rosa got another reminder that the rainy season is upon them, but the storm is not enough to produce any flooding.
People welcomed the occasional break in the weather.
"I'm just hoping it doesn't rain too much because I take the bus everywhere and it sucks to walk in the rain," Santa Rosa resident Kyala Machele said.
Most people say they are prepared for future storms.
"We have a lot of wood cut up, ready for burning if need be, but the only problem is that we had an ant issue, the rain brings the ants in, but besides that no troubles at all," Santa Rosa resident Alissa Thomson said.
The storm inched its way south to Petaluma and even to San Rafael. Drivers were cautious while on Highway 101.
The Marin County Department of Public Works said crews had prepared for the rainy season months ago.
"Cleaning culverts, putting in new drain pipes...looking for spots that could be potential for flooding," spokesperson Jeri Stewart said.
Every county fire department and some run by the city have sand bags available for residents living in areas prone to flooding. People can also purchase them at places like Shamrock Materials in San Rafael.
santa rosa, marin county, rain, storm, accuweather, lyanne melendez
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault 11 min ago
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS 3 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills...
3 min ago