Some Sierra ski resorts will be open, some closed
Rain in the Bay Area usually means snow in the Sierra, and some ski resorts plan on being open this weekend.
Kirkwood ski resort provided us pictures showing what it looks like at the bottom of the slopes. Kirkwood, Heavenly, and Northstar all plan to be open on Saturday.
However, Sugar Bowl will be closed on Saturday because of high winds.
Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows report high winds might keep them from opening on Saturday.
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids 8 min ago
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond 38 min ago
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos