Threat of rain prompts partial park and ride closure
MILL VALLEY, Calif. (KGO) -- The threat of rain and a "King Tide" has prompted Caltrans to close off part of the Manzanita Park & Ride in Mill Valley.
The lower part of the parking lot has been a flood zone during storms and high tides.
Caltrans has closed off the area until Monday because owners of flooded cars had complained they weren't properly warned of the threat.
The King Tide is expected to peak in the next two days when the water will be about a foot higher than a normal high tide.
mill valley, marin county, sausalito, caltrans, rain, storm, flooding, driving, accuweather
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit 7 min ago
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...