Threat of rain prompts partial park and ride closure
MILL VALLEY, Calif. (KGO) -- The threat of rain and a "King Tide" has prompted Caltrans to close off part of the Manzanita Park & Ride in Mill Valley.
The lower part of the parking lot has been a flood zone during storms and high tides.
Caltrans has closed off the area until Monday because owners of flooded cars had complained they weren't properly warned of the threat.
The King Tide is expected to peak in the next two days when the water will be about a foot higher than a normal high tide.
mill valley, marin county, sausalito, caltrans, rain, storm, flooding, driving, accuweather
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay 14 min ago
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- VIRAL VIDEO OF THE DAY: Record-breaking jump 32 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan