Cold snap continues with clear, crisp weather
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Our cold snap continues -- it's clear and very crisp out there, and temperatures are dropping.
It's cold, but the question is how cold? By Green Bay standards, not that cold. But it will be 48 degrees by kickoff Saturday night. And by our standards, yes, that's cold.
On a brisk some would say cold day like this, a day that some of us dared to call freezing, there were others, out-of-towners who heard the complaints and called San Franciscans soft.
Though, cold is a relative term. For those of us used to Mark Twain summers, yes, it's cold. For others used to Chicago winters, cold is 20 below zero.
But in San Francisco, cold is when you keep your hands and fingers in your pockets. Assuming you even have pockets. Cold is all the excuse we need to hug ourselves or pull out the parka.
Clearly, on this day, cold was a relative state of mind. A gentle reminder that we do call it winter for a reason.
We spent some time at the Dolphin Club, they swim out in the bay, even now in January. They say the water was 50 degrees, right on the borderline between cold and not so cold. The difference, they say, is if you get out of the water and you cannot talk, then it's cold. They were talking today.
storm, freeze, ice, rain, snow, san francisco 49ers, accuweather, wayne freedman
- San Jose police officer arrested for sexual assault
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday