Cold snap continues throughout Bay Area
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- A cold front is expected to move through the Bay Area tonight.
The overnight low was 27 degrees in the North Bay. There was ice covering the windshields of cars at the Victory dealership in Petaluma.
U.C. Botanical Garden workers in Berkeley hustled to cover and protect their wild succulents and cacti, one of the most extensive collections in the world.
Pets are just as important to protect. A sweater donation program is helping protect animals at the Berkeley East Bay Humane Society.
Employees at the Ace Hardware store in Berkeley say there's one thing you may need to buy to protect your home from the chilly weather. "Ant bait, ant spray. Anything for ants because when it's cold or rainy the ants come into your house," Brandi Carpenter said.
A freeze warning will be in effect Saturday night through Sunday morning for the entire Bay Area.
storm, freeze, ice, rain, snow, san francisco 49ers, accuweather
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Fan hit in the head with a bottle at Candlestick Park 31 min ago
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour ring record
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 38 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday