Cold snap continues throughout Bay Area
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- A cold front is expected to move through the Bay Area tonight.
The overnight low was 27 degrees in the North Bay. There was ice covering the windshields of cars at the Victory dealership in Petaluma.
U.C. Botanical Garden workers in Berkeley hustled to cover and protect their wild succulents and cacti, one of the most extensive collections in the world.
Pets are just as important to protect. A sweater donation program is helping protect animals at the Berkeley East Bay Humane Society.
Employees at the Ace Hardware store in Berkeley say there's one thing you may need to buy to protect your home from the chilly weather. "Ant bait, ant spray. Anything for ants because when it's cold or rainy the ants come into your house," Brandi Carpenter said.
A freeze warning will be in effect Saturday night through Sunday morning for the entire Bay Area.
storm, freeze, ice, rain, snow, san francisco 49ers, accuweather
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery 17 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer 55 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting 23 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation 54 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley 42 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Campaign looks to end use of 'bossy' with...
32 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San...
55 min ago