Cold snap continues throughout Bay Area
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- A cold front is expected to move through the Bay Area tonight.
The overnight low was 27 degrees in the North Bay. There was ice covering the windshields of cars at the Victory dealership in Petaluma.
U.C. Botanical Garden workers in Berkeley hustled to cover and protect their wild succulents and cacti, one of the most extensive collections in the world.
Pets are just as important to protect. A sweater donation program is helping protect animals at the Berkeley East Bay Humane Society.
Employees at the Ace Hardware store in Berkeley say there's one thing you may need to buy to protect your home from the chilly weather. "Ant bait, ant spray. Anything for ants because when it's cold or rainy the ants come into your house," Brandi Carpenter said.
A freeze warning will be in effect Saturday night through Sunday morning for the entire Bay Area.
storm, freeze, ice, rain, snow, san francisco 49ers, accuweather
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos