Cold snap continues throughout Bay Area
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- A cold front is expected to move through the Bay Area tonight.
The overnight low was 27 degrees in the North Bay. There was ice covering the windshields of cars at the Victory dealership in Petaluma.
U.C. Botanical Garden workers in Berkeley hustled to cover and protect their wild succulents and cacti, one of the most extensive collections in the world.
Pets are just as important to protect. A sweater donation program is helping protect animals at the Berkeley East Bay Humane Society.
Employees at the Ace Hardware store in Berkeley say there's one thing you may need to buy to protect your home from the chilly weather. "Ant bait, ant spray. Anything for ants because when it's cold or rainy the ants come into your house," Brandi Carpenter said.
A freeze warning will be in effect Saturday night through Sunday morning for the entire Bay Area.
storm, freeze, ice, rain, snow, san francisco 49ers, accuweather
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire 34 min ago
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station 45 min ago
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery 17 min ago
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos