Cold snap continues throughout Bay Area
PETALUMA, Calif. (KGO) -- A cold front is expected to move through the Bay Area tonight.
The overnight low was 27 degrees in the North Bay. There was ice covering the windshields of cars at the Victory dealership in Petaluma.
U.C. Botanical Garden workers in Berkeley hustled to cover and protect their wild succulents and cacti, one of the most extensive collections in the world.
Pets are just as important to protect. A sweater donation program is helping protect animals at the Berkeley East Bay Humane Society.
Employees at the Ace Hardware store in Berkeley say there's one thing you may need to buy to protect your home from the chilly weather. "Ant bait, ant spray. Anything for ants because when it's cold or rainy the ants come into your house," Brandi Carpenter said.
A freeze warning will be in effect Saturday night through Sunday morning for the entire Bay Area.
storm, freeze, ice, rain, snow, san francisco 49ers, accuweather
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash 57 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday