Microclimates discussed in ABC7 weather special
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- This is one of those rare times when the Bay Area's forecast coincides with what people in other parts of the country experience during winter.
Our microclimates make this one of the few places in the world with vastly different types of weather at once.
"Our microclimates are changing," said ABC7 News Meteorologist Mike Nicco. "Our weather is upside down at times. Our warmest months aren't during the normal times of the year, our coldest months, you know, are kind of off set."
The "ABC7 News: Inside Bay Area Weather" special airs Sunday at 6:30 p.m.
snow, wind, storm, rain, accuweather
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos