Bay Area storm makes for soggy morning commute
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A soggy commute greeted Monday morning drivers on Interstate 280, where the San Francisco skyline was barely visible through the clouds.
On King Street umbrellas were popping up everywhere, changing the daily routines of a lot of people heading to work.
I'm actually taking Muni because it's raining," San Francisco resident Peter Shehu said. "But I normally walk to work."
Fellow city resident Mar Carmona added, "I don't like it, I like sunny days in San Francisco."
There wasn't much sun at the Caltrain station in San Francisco, and keeping the floor of the station dry so commuters didn't slip was a challenge.
"It's a hassle, it's probably the worst job here," Target employee Brandon Raines said.
Raines was on shopping cart retrieval duty at the Target store in Emeryville. Not an easy task on a day like this.
"Customers throw them all out there, then they slide and you can't handle them," Raines said.
As shoppers hustled to their cars to keep dry, Alameda resident Sharon Nichols took her time and left her umbrella in the car.
"I really do enjoy the rain because I think we need it, even though they say there is a lot of snow, I think we need the rain and I like rain, I grew up in the Midwest," Nichols said.
The CHP says it was a very busy day for them, dozens of spinouts and fender benders, including one fatal accident on I-780 in Benicia. They say it may have been due to the wet weather.
Roads are still slick, they advise drivers to allow plenty of room between you and the vehicle in front of you.
san francisco bay, benicia, emeryville, muni, caltrain, CHP, target, driving, rain, storm, shopping, crash, accuweather
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- Katie Couric's talk show to end after this season
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Pa. man wins $1M Picasso with $138 raffle ticket
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 14 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos