Dreary weather dampens Memorial Day activities
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Typical Memorial Day activities like grilling and beach going were a little more challenging in most of the Bay Area Monday due to light rain and chilly temperatures.
People at Pioneer Park in Novato left their shorts and t-shirts at home and brought their fleece jackets instead. The constant drizzle made for a rather boring day. One family waited for it to clear up in hopes of grilling, but finally left with several pounds of uncooked beef.
The wet weather slowed down a bicycle shop which had a scheduled outdoor demonstration of its newest bikes.
"Answering a lot of questions, having people ride around in the parking lot but because of the weather we can't send them out anymore unfortunately," Brustop's Ryan Soderberg said.
For many, Monday's weather hardly felt like the start of the summer season.
memorial day, holiday, rain, accuweather, lyanne melendez
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas 35 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View 19 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday