Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
BOULDER CREEK, Calif. (KGO) -- Bay Area residents are bracing for another frigid night. A Freeze Warning is in place for the entire region, except San Francisco.
The deep freeze brought snow overnight to the Bay Area in higher elevations.
Light flurries Saturday morning brought a dusting of fresh snow to the Santa Cruz Mountains. And SKY7 HD captured the white caps atop Mount Hamilton near the Lick Observatory.
Though more below-freezing temperatures are forecast for parts of the Bay Area, it's not likely these peaks will get any more snow this weekend.
A Winter Spare the Air Day has been called for Sunday, which means no wood burning unless it is your only source of heat.
Low temperatures throughout the Bay Area hit new records or tied old ones Friday morning and ranged from 22 degrees in Gilroy to 40 degrees in downtown San Francisco, according to figures from the National Weather Service.
Freezing temperatures are expected to return by late Saturday night and into Sunday morning, and a freeze warning has been issued for the entire Bay Area aside from San Francisco.
Forecasters say freezing temperatures are expected again on Sunday night and into Monday.
Drivers are warned to expect icy roads, especially at higher elevations, and limited visibility in some areas Saturday. In addition, residents should be aware of the risk of hypothermia for people and animals staying outdoors overnight.
(Bay City News contributed to this report)
freeze, santa clara county, san jose, homeless, rain, storm, snow, accuweather
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 11 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 7 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
11 min ago