Utah man accused of eating live baby rat
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
SALT LAKE CITY, UT -- A Utah man faces an animal cruelty charge after a Facebook video surfaced showing him eating what appeared to be a live baby rat.
Thirty-one-year-old Andy Ray Harris of Tooele was charged with the misdemeanor in April after authorities viewed the video. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals reported it to police. PETA's Martin Mersereau says the organization received complaints about the video in March. Toole authorities say they recognized the man in the video as Harris from his previous interactions with police. The video shows a man putting what appears to be a tiny, hairless rat in his mouth, chewing it up and swallowing it. Harris has pleaded not guilty to the charges. A message left for his defense attorney wasn't returned.
(Copyright ©2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- weather: Severe weather across SE Texas
- Search in OK nears completion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Strong storms roll over SE Texas 4 min ago
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned 43 min ago
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos