Santas get physical at World Santa Claus Congress
COPENHAGEN, Denmark -- The Olympics have pentathlons -- and so does the World Santa Congress, sort of.Santas from all over the world lugged their overweight waistlines to this year's 54th World Santa Claus Congress, throwing sacks of presents and firing canon balls in a new physical fitness contest.
The five-discipline event is the latest addition to the three-day conference at the world's oldest amusement park: Bakken, just outside the Danish capital of Copenhagen.
Two teams of St. Nicks -- one from Denmark and the other from the United States, Sweden, Russia, Germany and other countries -- competed Wednesday for the coveted trophy of Best Santa Team.
The Danish Santas won.
Aside from throwing presents, they also had to master a Christmas obstacle course, ride bumper cars and compete in a horse race game.
- Severe weather possible this morning 46 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 18 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 24 min ago
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?