Santas get physical at World Santa Claus Congress
COPENHAGEN, Denmark -- The Olympics have pentathlons -- and so does the World Santa Congress, sort of.Santas from all over the world lugged their overweight waistlines to this year's 54th World Santa Claus Congress, throwing sacks of presents and firing canon balls in a new physical fitness contest.
The five-discipline event is the latest addition to the three-day conference at the world's oldest amusement park: Bakken, just outside the Danish capital of Copenhagen.
Two teams of St. Nicks -- one from Denmark and the other from the United States, Sweden, Russia, Germany and other countries -- competed Wednesday for the coveted trophy of Best Santa Team.
The Danish Santas won.
Aside from throwing presents, they also had to master a Christmas obstacle course, ride bumper cars and compete in a horse race game.
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Woman at odds with auto shop after car gets stolen
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Houston bus company owner faces charges from 2008 crash
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- North Forest ISD files new request to stop annexation
- Equipment theft threatens Texas Equusearch's existence
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos