3 pounds of cocaine found in woman's shoes at IAH
HOUSTON -- A 19-year-old New York woman arriving in Houston on a flight from Jamaica has been arrested after a drug dog alerted authorities to narcotics in two pairs of shoes in her luggage. Tests showed the narcotics to be 3 pounds of cocaine.
Brielle Latoi Orridge of the Bronx, N.Y., is awaiting a federal court appearance on charges of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute more than 500 grams of cocaine.
Orridge arrived Sunday at Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport on a Continental Airlines flight from Montego Bay, Jamaica. Federal authorities say she was en route to New York City.
Conviction on the charge could get her up to 40 years in prison.
bush intercontinental airport, local
- Mail carrier's vehicle found burned in San Jacinto Co
- Boy, 6, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Notice smoke and haze across the Houston area?
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- Some lost everything to North Texas tornadoes
- Golfing great Ken Venturi dies at age 82
- Pct. 6 Constable Trevino center of new investigation
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Houston Ship Channel signals healthy economy
- SWAT situation at Alief-area home ends without arrest
- Barry Manilow concert in The Woodlands postponed
- otrc: Emma Watson talks 'tramp stamp'
- abcnews: Pat Robertson tells cheater's wife 'He's a...
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos