3 pounds of cocaine found in woman's shoes at IAH
HOUSTON -- A 19-year-old New York woman arriving in Houston on a flight from Jamaica has been arrested after a drug dog alerted authorities to narcotics in two pairs of shoes in her luggage. Tests showed the narcotics to be 3 pounds of cocaine.
Brielle Latoi Orridge of the Bronx, N.Y., is awaiting a federal court appearance on charges of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute more than 500 grams of cocaine.
Orridge arrived Sunday at Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport on a Continental Airlines flight from Montego Bay, Jamaica. Federal authorities say she was en route to New York City.
Conviction on the charge could get her up to 40 years in prison.
bush intercontinental airport, local
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo