3 pounds of cocaine found in woman's shoes at IAH
HOUSTON -- A 19-year-old New York woman arriving in Houston on a flight from Jamaica has been arrested after a drug dog alerted authorities to narcotics in two pairs of shoes in her luggage. Tests showed the narcotics to be 3 pounds of cocaine.
Brielle Latoi Orridge of the Bronx, N.Y., is awaiting a federal court appearance on charges of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute more than 500 grams of cocaine.
Orridge arrived Sunday at Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport on a Continental Airlines flight from Montego Bay, Jamaica. Federal authorities say she was en route to New York City.
Conviction on the charge could get her up to 40 years in prison.
bush intercontinental airport, local
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed while retrieving keys 18 min ago
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos