3 pounds of cocaine found in woman's shoes at IAH
HOUSTON -- A 19-year-old New York woman arriving in Houston on a flight from Jamaica has been arrested after a drug dog alerted authorities to narcotics in two pairs of shoes in her luggage. Tests showed the narcotics to be 3 pounds of cocaine.
Brielle Latoi Orridge of the Bronx, N.Y., is awaiting a federal court appearance on charges of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute more than 500 grams of cocaine.
Orridge arrived Sunday at Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport on a Continental Airlines flight from Montego Bay, Jamaica. Federal authorities say she was en route to New York City.
Conviction on the charge could get her up to 40 years in prison.
bush intercontinental airport, local
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- La Marque student found with loaded weapon on campus 18 min ago
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- 5 former Buffalo Bills cheerleaders sue over pay
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Suspects jump out window in escape attempt 39 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston