3 pounds of cocaine found in woman's shoes at IAH
HOUSTON -- A 19-year-old New York woman arriving in Houston on a flight from Jamaica has been arrested after a drug dog alerted authorities to narcotics in two pairs of shoes in her luggage. Tests showed the narcotics to be 3 pounds of cocaine.
Brielle Latoi Orridge of the Bronx, N.Y., is awaiting a federal court appearance on charges of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute more than 500 grams of cocaine.
Orridge arrived Sunday at Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport on a Continental Airlines flight from Montego Bay, Jamaica. Federal authorities say she was en route to New York City.
Conviction on the charge could get her up to 40 years in prison.
bush intercontinental airport, local
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck 34 min ago
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Notable events that happened on this date in history 21 min ago
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Pearland mother finalist for 'Unstoppable Mom' contest 9 min ago
- Motorcycle chase ends in fiery crash with patrol vehicle 42 min ago
- Americans spend $56 billion on pets 31 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday! 52 min ago
- Avoid baggage fees with these packing tips 58 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom