Pearland school lockdown lifted after stranger seen in bathroom
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- A lockdown has been lifted at a Pearland elementary school after a student saw a strange man inside a school bathroom.
The lockdown lasted for nearly an hour and a half at Carleston Elementary School on Harkey. Pearland police say a fourth grader said they saw an unknown man inside a school bathroom at around 10:40am and immediately reported the incident to school officials.
Police arrived on the scene, a perimeter was set up and a room by room search was begun to account for everyone in the building.
Pearland ISD said the lockdown was precautionary. It was lifted at around noon.
No stranger was ever located and the scene is now cleared.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Boy, 5, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris County
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- David Tillman's weather forecast
47 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos