Research: Houston the most diverse city in the U.S.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston is now the most ethnically diverse city in the country.
Researchers at Rice University analyzed census data and concluded the Bayou City is home to the most ethnic groups.
According to the Houston Chronicle, Missouri City and Pearland are even more diverse than Houston and other suburbs aren't far behind. Fort Bend County is the most diverse and residential segregation has dropped over the past 20 years, especially in the suburbs.
- One dead, several injured in bar shooting 7 min ago
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
- Family affected by HPD homicide probe speaks out
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Rockets fall to Portland again, down 2-0 in series
- Authorities: Deadly wreck sparked by fleeing driver 1 min ago
- Job fair Thursday only for veterans, spouses
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled 31 min ago
- Two people shot outside auto shop
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial 59 min ago
- Cy-Fair ISD: Bible OK to bring for independent reading
- Fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes