Research: Houston the most diverse city in the U.S.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston is now the most ethnically diverse city in the country.
Researchers at Rice University analyzed census data and concluded the Bayou City is home to the most ethnic groups.
According to the Houston Chronicle, Missouri City and Pearland are even more diverse than Houston and other suburbs aren't far behind. Fort Bend County is the most diverse and residential segregation has dropped over the past 20 years, especially in the suburbs.
- Detectives: Road rage leads to fatal shooting
- High-water rescues reported in San Antonio area
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Scattered storms possible in our area this weekend
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris 49 min ago
- Coast Guard searching for missing 18-year-old swimmer 57 min ago
- Video shows person of interest in Cy-Fair area arson
- Person found shot, killed in SW Houston parking lot
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- Man accused of shooting girlfriend's relatives in SE Houston
- otrc: Mariah has wardrobe malfunction on GMA
- abcnews: Zookeeper dies from tiger attack
- raw video: Chinese dog skateboards, rides toy cars 3 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos