Research: Houston the most diverse city in the U.S.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston is now the most ethnically diverse city in the country.
Researchers at Rice University analyzed census data and concluded the Bayou City is home to the most ethnic groups.
According to the Houston Chronicle, Missouri City and Pearland are even more diverse than Houston and other suburbs aren't far behind. Fort Bend County is the most diverse and residential segregation has dropped over the past 20 years, especially in the suburbs.
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus 52 min ago
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Personal info of 1,300 patients stolen, says Methodist Hospital 4 min ago
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders 29 min ago
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- Photos: Share Your Holidays Food Drive
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!