Research: Houston the most diverse city in the U.S.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston is now the most ethnically diverse city in the country.
Researchers at Rice University analyzed census data and concluded the Bayou City is home to the most ethnic groups.
According to the Houston Chronicle, Missouri City and Pearland are even more diverse than Houston and other suburbs aren't far behind. Fort Bend County is the most diverse and residential segregation has dropped over the past 20 years, especially in the suburbs.
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods