Andrea Yates may be allowed to attend church
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Andrea Yates may soon be allowed out of a psychiatric hospital to attend church, according to the Houston Chronicle.
In 2006, a jury found that Yates was insane when she drowned her five children. She has been in treatment at Kerrville State Hospital ever since. State health officials would consider the risk to the community before deciding on the so-called "therapeutic pass."
Yates' lawyer has said Yates has been ready to rejoin society for years.
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight 29 min ago
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident 55 min ago
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John... 8 min ago
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians