Andrea Yates may be allowed to attend church
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Andrea Yates may soon be allowed out of a psychiatric hospital to attend church, according to the Houston Chronicle.
In 2006, a jury found that Yates was insane when she drowned her five children. She has been in treatment at Kerrville State Hospital ever since. State health officials would consider the risk to the community before deciding on the so-called "therapeutic pass."
Yates' lawyer has said Yates has been ready to rejoin society for years.
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma twister 35 min ago
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium fraud case 45 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County 49 min ago
- NFL to vote on Super Bowl hosts 34 min ago
- Child abducted walking home from school in Pasadena
- Fight at bar ends in fatal shooting in NW Harris Co. 1 min ago
- Hot and humid with chances of rain today
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos