Andrea Yates may be allowed to attend church
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Andrea Yates may soon be allowed out of a psychiatric hospital to attend church, according to the Houston Chronicle.
In 2006, a jury found that Yates was insane when she drowned her five children. She has been in treatment at Kerrville State Hospital ever since. State health officials would consider the risk to the community before deciding on the so-called "therapeutic pass."
Yates' lawyer has said Yates has been ready to rejoin society for years.
- Texans fire head coach Gary Kubiak 1 min ago
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Winter Weather Advisory issued for northern counties
- Texans fall to Jags for 11th straight loss
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Shots fired during armored car robbery on UH campus 8 min ago
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Ice storm in North Texas cuts power to more than 250K
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County