Andrea Yates may be allowed to attend church
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Andrea Yates may soon be allowed out of a psychiatric hospital to attend church, according to the Houston Chronicle.
In 2006, a jury found that Yates was insane when she drowned her five children. She has been in treatment at Kerrville State Hospital ever since. State health officials would consider the risk to the community before deciding on the so-called "therapeutic pass."
Yates' lawyer has said Yates has been ready to rejoin society for years.
- HISD to repurpose Jones HS; considers Dodson's fate 1 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Live chat about blood donations
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 32 min ago
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co.
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home