Missouri City boy wins National Geography Bee
WASHINGTON -- A first-time national geography bee contender from Texas has won the annual competition in Washington.
Fourteen-year-old Rahul Nagvekar, of Missouri City, Texas, won National Geographic Bee on Thursday. He will receive a $25,000 scholarship.
Thirteen-year-old Vansh Jain, of Minocqua, Wis., came in second, and will take home a $15,000 scholarship. The third-place winner, 13-year-old Varun Mahadevan of California, wins a $10,000 scholarship.
The competition began with about 4 million students in schools across the country this year.
- weather: Severe weather across SE Texas
- Search in OK nears completion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017 25 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Strong storms roll over SE Texas 10 min ago
- New facial filler targets tiny wrinkles
- Do you know all the apps your kids are using?
- 2nd suspect in Alief murders surrenders
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Microsoft's Xbox One to go on sale late 2013
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone