Man accused of starting fight at wedding reception
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is accused of starting a fight at a Houston wedding reception and sending another wedding guest to the hospital.
Court documents state on April 28, Eric Michael Ekes was mistakenly informed that another man had pushed his girlfriend's son at a wedding reception they were attending at the House of Blues downtown. The victim says Ekes became enraged, charged him and punched him multiple times in the face.
The victim suffered a broken nose, a cut to his nose, a split lip which required five stitches and a cut to his forehead. He was transported to St. Joseph's Medical Center.
Police say Ekes admitted to his involvement in the incident.
Ekes, 29, is charged with aggravated assault.
- Search in OK nears complettion; tornado was EF5
- Houston will host Super Bowl LI in 2017 56 min ago
- Alligator found between homes in Fort Bend County
- Child abducted walking home from school
- Watching line of storms to our north
- Katy Fire Chief indicted in Valium diversion case 3 min ago
- Menil Picasso vandal sentenced to 2 years
- Houston women take on fight to end sex trafficking 19 min ago
- Officials link College Station's E. coli cases to restaurant 55 min ago
- BBQ marinades that are friendly to your mouth, wallet 59 min ago
- Photos: Go back in time with these Bathing Beauties!
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 'Very graphic' devastation at OK elem. school
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
42 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos