Dance studio offers pole dancing classes for kids
Duncan, British Columbia (KTRK) -- A studio class for kids is stirring up controversy in Canada because it teaches them how to pole dance
The instructor behind the 'little spinners' class says there is nothing sexual about her lessons. Rather she says her students get an excellent cardiovascular and upper-body workout.
"There is nothing provocative. There is nothing sexual about it," said dance instructor Kristy Craig. "It's pure fitness and strength and fun. I mean kids love climbing trees. They will climb anything."
So far, the 'little spinners' class has four students. It seems that some people agree with the instructor.
Over in Russia a recent national pole dancing championship included competitors as young as seven years old.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 7 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role 47 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
32 min ago