Dance studio offers pole dancing classes for kids
Duncan, British Columbia (KTRK) -- A studio class for kids is stirring up controversy in Canada because it teaches them how to pole dance
The instructor behind the 'little spinners' class says there is nothing sexual about her lessons. Rather she says her students get an excellent cardiovascular and upper-body workout.
"There is nothing provocative. There is nothing sexual about it," said dance instructor Kristy Craig. "It's pure fitness and strength and fun. I mean kids love climbing trees. They will climb anything."
So far, the 'little spinners' class has four students. It seems that some people agree with the instructor.
Over in Russia a recent national pole dancing championship included competitors as young as seven years old.
- 51 killed after tornadoes rip through Oklahoma 9 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Detectives investigating drowning of 3-year-old boy
- Suspected chop shop raided in NW Harris County
- Court appearance for man accused in attack at nail salon
- 1 arrested, 3 others sought in Alief murders
- Proposed office tower worries neighbors
- Gunman sought after man killed inside restaurant
- Photos: LEGO KidsFest in Houston
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos