Dance studio offers pole dancing classes for kids
Duncan, British Columbia (KTRK) -- A studio class for kids is stirring up controversy in Canada because it teaches them how to pole dance
The instructor behind the 'little spinners' class says there is nothing sexual about her lessons. Rather she says her students get an excellent cardiovascular and upper-body workout.
"There is nothing provocative. There is nothing sexual about it," said dance instructor Kristy Craig. "It's pure fitness and strength and fun. I mean kids love climbing trees. They will climb anything."
So far, the 'little spinners' class has four students. It seems that some people agree with the instructor.
Over in Russia a recent national pole dancing championship included competitors as young as seven years old.
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County 24 min ago
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon 9 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 51 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southwest Houston 4 min ago
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park 39 min ago
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation 27 min ago
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos
- Video: Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor... 23 min ago
- Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor...
23 min ago
- Take a trip to Santa's Town
18 min ago