Mother, son shot to death in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A mother and son are dead, found fatally shot inside a home in southwest Houston Saturday morning. And now, a person of interest has been named in the case.
According to police, the two were found shot to death at a home in the 7100 block of Bahia near Willview. That's where the now-deceased woman has lived with her two children for nearly 40 years.
"Right now, we do have two deceased persons located inside the residence," said HPD homicide investigator Joshua Horn.
Those two people, according to family members, are a mother and son. A relative found them at around 8am. They were both dead in the living room with multiple gunshot wounds.
The person of interest police are looking for is 45-year-old Keith Turner. Investigators say he lives in the home but hasn't been seen all day. They're also looking for a vehicle missing from the home, a 2001 black Dodge Dakota with license plate BLS7589.
Neighbors can't believe it. They say the woman was a special education teacher who they called 'mama.'
"Like a mother to all of us," said neighbor Darrin Thurman. "Even though we all moved away, we always kept up and visited her to make sure she was taken care of."
Detectives haven't found a weapon or identified a suspect, but they say it doesn't look like anybody broke into the home or stole anything. Neighbors hope whoever is responsible will come back soon.
"Find it in your heart and in your soul just to come home," said neighbor Brandon Hatcher. "At least find out what happened if you don't know."
If you have any information in this case, you're asked to call Houston police.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, pooja lodhia
- weather: Rain falling across our area 24 min ago
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 4 min ago
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston
- Search continues for clues in women's murders