Couple accused of starving newborn baby at motel
HOUSTON -- A couple has been jailed and charged with injury to a child after police found their 5-week-old son starving at a Houston-area motel where the couple was staying.
Jacob Zachery King and Mica Marie King-Etheridge are booked into the Harris County Jail with bonds set at $50,000 each. Court records show they have no attorneys yet.
The three had been staying at a motel in the Houston suburb of Webster. Police Sgt. James Lovel says the man's sister called Webster police after she visited them and was alarmed by the boy's condition.
Police arrived, and the child was airlifted to Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, where he was in critical condition Wednesday.
Lovel says Jacob King was unemployed and had come to the Houston area from Louisiana to look for work.
- American Meb Keflizighi wins Boston Marathon 5 min ago
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed while looking for car keys 53 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
6 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos