Search intensifies for missing local woman
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Volunteers have intensified the search for a missing mother who vanished over the summer.Irene Porras was last seen around Bammel North Houston and Veterans Memorial in northwest Harris County. Members of Texas Equusearch returned to the area Saturday to search on foot and with ATVs. They've been looking for Porras since she disappeared on August 14.
"We've been eliminating places as we go by and find information and pretty much things are concentrated on this particular area we're looking at today," said.
A construction worker found Porras' broken cell phone a week after she went missing. Police have suggested Porras was a victim of foul play, but they don't have any suspects.
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today