Search intensifies for missing local woman
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Volunteers have intensified the search for a missing mother who vanished over the summer.Irene Porras was last seen around Bammel North Houston and Veterans Memorial in northwest Harris County. Members of Texas Equusearch returned to the area Saturday to search on foot and with ATVs. They've been looking for Porras since she disappeared on August 14.
"We've been eliminating places as we go by and find information and pretty much things are concentrated on this particular area we're looking at today," said.
A construction worker found Porras' broken cell phone a week after she went missing. Police have suggested Porras was a victim of foul play, but they don't have any suspects.
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- NASA records powerful explosion on moon
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos