Man accused of trying to trade marijuana for sexual favors
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is accused of trying to entice a boy to give him sexual favors and nude photos by giving him drugs.
Gary Marcus Palmer, 35, is charged with indecency with a child over an incident from August. A 14-year-old boy told authorities that Palmer, who he knew as an acquaintance, picked him up and took him back to his home.
The boy said that Palmer told him that he would give him and other boys marijuana and money in exchange for promises of sexual favors and nude photos of themselves, court documents state.
After they had been smoking together for a while, the boy said Palmer reminded him of the arrangement and began to touch him inappropriately. The boy told authorities that he said he wanted to leave at that point and Palmer drove him home.
Palmer has past convictions for failure to comply as a sex offender, drug possession, and public lewdness.
Bail has not been set in the felony case.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- 200lb generator stolen from man's driveway 33 min ago
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race 59 min ago
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign 50 min ago
- Coach accused of tattooing a minor
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel named Heisman finalist
- 2 teens arrested for Sienna Plantation vandalism
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak